Monday, October 7, 2013

#SUNDAY DOWNSWING#VIP MATCH UPDATE

When I woke up today around 1:30pm PST I was absolutely choked at the fact I've completely missed the VIP MATCH and gotten blinded out. . .

Upon checking my email after breakfast I noticed that PokerStars informed me that I came 4th in the VIP Match with Chris Moneymaker. . . one of those inexpressible moments of shock and surprise.

I decided to request my tournament history for this particular event and this is what came.


PokerStars Tournament #795516261, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: 15000 FPP
10 players
$2000.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
Total Prize Pool: $2000.00 USD 
Tournament started 2013/10/06 14:30:00 ET
Tournament finished 2013/10/06 16:20:32 ET
1: hunter_az533 (Russia), $1,000.00 (50%)
2: tfnc314 (Mexico), $500.00 (25%)
3: LR-President (Germany), $300.00 (15%)
4: dr.dannyyyy (Canada), $200.00 (10%)
5: RamonBelmar (Chile), 
6: LuckyUndeaD (Russia), 
7: Alex.i1off (Russia), 
8: Money800 (Canada), 
9: INGENER81 (Russia), 
10: babbisly (Greece), 

You finished in 4th place (eliminated at hand #105122224041).

103 hands played and saw flop:
- 0 times out of 16 while in small blind (0%)
- 1 times out of 16 while in big blind (6%)
- 0 times out of 71 in other positions (0%)
- a total of 1 times out of 103 (1%)

Pots won at showdown - 0 out of 1 (0%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

Today's grind session was just absolutely terrible. Just nearing the end of the day when the FR-ZOOM tables broke down I should have called it a down . . but instead proceeded to chase my losses a huge mistake that resulted in me taking part in -EV, overly aggressive, spewy plays.



The last couple hundred hands I literally dropped 8bi's so fast that it felt like every bluff was being caught and every value-bet was being folded to. Every single time I got dealt AK it felt as if I ran into AA.

Given that I've ran so insanely good for the earlier part of the month a downswing was bound to hit in, however as most of my downswings are today was a preventable case. After going through my database I realized that variance alone and neglecting spews; I would've easily still broken even for the day.

Note to self: To not chase losses. . . =/.

Very upset with my play today especially nearing the end of the day, very upset with my mindset in chasing losses. Very upset with oversleeping and not being able to actually partake in "physically playing" the VIP Match. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better.

! Good luck to all!

Remember to not spew, not tilt, and run hot ! =]

See you on the tables.

Go over to Peter's Blog and check out the post he made regarding a hand that I got involved with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment