Wednesday, October 23, 2013

FINAL WEEK!#SUPERNOVA ELITE CHASE#OCTOBER

FINAL WEEK!#SUPERNOVA ELITE CHASE#OCTOBER

Shortly after my Mid-Month Update I came across an absolutely atrocious 30bi downswing which took nearly forever . . well couple days to break out of.

After going on a brief heater I figured it was time to give it another shot at 200-zoom~ Obviously can't be scared of the monster in the closet forever!


200nl-Zoom went surprisingly well this month for me as opposed to last month. The main problem I found out regarding moving up stakes is "over adjusting". Naturally each stake should be a little bit more difficult than the last; but shouldn't be by much! The thing that was going through my mind was "These guys think I'm fish . . I need to outplay them in every single hand", which was of course the wrong approach to go about in a thing like this.

One more week left in October !

Review of Goals for October


Goals for October

  • Continue working out 4-5x a week
  • Earn at least 100k VPP's 
  • Win profits at the tables ; increase winrate
  • Work on Mental Game "Tilt" 
  • Try and Update Blog several times a week
  • Manage time a lot better

I've continued working out; and have been trying to update the blog as frequently as possible. However, due to thanksgiving dinners, going out with friends/family I was unable to grind/blog as frequently as I would have liked.

Sitting on about 78k VPPs at the moment; which will give me 1 week to earn 22k vpps.~ shouldn't be a problem at all.

 I've increased my win rate a ton by learning to take much more frequent breaks: running hot, taking frequent breaks, trying not to play late night / all nighter sessions, as well as dropping down from 8 tables to 6. 

Read a few chapters of the Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler and found it quite informative and a very nice read during my breaks.

A few 10-20 bi downswings this month; and a 30bi downswing. . . whilst the 10bi downswings are close to inevitable; the 30bi downswing was a huge fault of mine for playing while being way too tired.

I've also decided to play a mixture of both 100nl/200nl/6m/fr-zoom this is just due to the fact that although 200nl is great for VPPs ; a nice chunk of my profits still arise from the 100nl-fr / and 100nl-6m zoom tables.



Good luck to everyone else!! =] ~

See you at the tables ! =]

13 comments:

  1. Very nice danny!!! keep posting, u're the best motivation i ever had. after reading this blog i did 90k hands in 12 days. For someone who was used to do 100-110k maximum/month this is a great improovement.

    obs: i sent you 1 cent to see if i can take some of your good run also! hahaha.
    btw (you run so well against me, wtf) haha

    cya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks haha was curious why you sent me1c :P
      Don't put too much pressure on volume; just set a schedule where you're comfortable and slowly increase it little by little; otherwise you might go on a massive downswing like I did nearing end of last month "almost 7k!"

      Delete
  2. i have great respect for you as a poker player and after reading ur blog even more so..are you willing to coach? if so, i can give u my email or facebook and we can contact from there. i play nl100 on n off..ive been in a few big pots with you which ive lost..hope to hear from you soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm sure w can talk about it; what's your email?

      Since I'm going for sne might be a little tight on the schedule and I'm also not sure if I'm right coach for you.

      Delete
  3. keep going Danny!!btw,r u chinese blood?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Will be up tomorrow or day after ;)

      Taking Halloween off to hang with friends and relax. ;)
      How's ur grind?

      Delete
  5. I played 130k hands so far. 4 tables nl100 and 2 nl50. I'm 1.5k up w rb, almost 1k under ev, 5kvpp's to get supernova. actually i cant wait to next year cause i will have 45% RB instead of today's 26% which sucks.

    u're doing well! Halloween in vancouver is nice. Actually vancouver is the best city i've ever been in. Miss so much, i'm planning to go again next year, to grind and study english for more 4-6 months. My english isnt as good as i want.

    btw, if u have skype, add me! Speedgame2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome ! Try not to put too much emphasis on volume if it'll detract a whole bunch from your A-Game.

      =D yeah it's actually Halloween today~ Not planning to grind at all~ =]. Vancouver's nice. . . when it's summer; the rest of the year is just cold unpredictable wetness. =(

      Delete
  6. Good luck bro seen u crushing nl100 nl200 zoom hardcore this year. feel free not to play when im playing .
    E. aequitas

    ReplyDelete