Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Jump Start To October #BOOM 72s

Decided to start off October in a very upbeat and healthy fashion; by going to the gym and having a hearty meal of sushi before continuing the first grind of my day.  

Have been plateauing on my deadlifts lately and can't pull past 245 x 8 reps, or 265 x 5.  Also find that lifting weights have really helped strengthen both my mental and physical endurance for grinding.

On top of that; having a strong core and lower back greatly reduces the amount of pain from being in a seated position for extended periods of time. Will be trying to hit the weights again tomorrow before I grind.



Now as you can see by the graph above; despite being a very swingy day and running below ev, there were many spots where I had good set-up situations and others where I had cooler situations. After going through my database; I realized I ran AK into AA 5 times today and not a single time the other way around, which not only resulted in drops of money but also drops of ev. Not a huge worry though; as the majority of those spots even out in the long run ~ as getting AK or AA in all in pre-flop is rarely a mistake in 6-max zoom, and "sometimes" an acceptable play in full-ring. 


PokerStars always attempt to spice up the games by throwing in fun promotions like the BOOM promotion with KK few months ago; as well as the Happy Hour promotions. So what does this promotion entail?

From Oct- 1-7; each day you can BOOM a maximum of 3 hands in which you won a pot with 72s; whether it is from plainly stealing the blinds, going to showdown with the best hand; or making your opponent fold ! 

Each time you BOOM'd a hand; you win (big blind * number of opponents). For me in this particular case at 100nl (Full-Ring) is where I will be booming the majority of my hands. 

Assuming the zoom games don't run shorthanded when this happens (which unfortunately it did happen for me today), this promotion will let me earn a maximum of (1*8*3 prizes) this equates to roughly 24$ at the very most per day at 100nl. 

Of course if you play a higher stake; this number will increase to a maximum of 60$/ day despite the big blind of the higher stake. . . 

7 days- 168$ extra. Not too shabby; not the greatest, nonetheless money is money ! =) A side benefit from this particular promotion is not just in the value of the hand itself; but the amount of action that might be created from players attempting extra hard to win with this hand. Spice up the games? We'll see =)~

As for my BooM hands today~



Once again good luck to all! And may the run hot be ever in your favor! .


Will be trying extra hard this month to update this blog regularly with informative, entertaining, and motivating posts !


Hit me up with a post if you see me lagging on the posts =)~ ~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment