Thursday, October 3, 2013

First Upswing Of the Month ! - #SunRunner#HandHistories#Reviews

The Day

Despite having my alarm ringing since 8am and me waking up just enough to turn it off. . .  I didn't actually get out of bed until almost 1030. There's something about Autumn/Winter seasons where it's just become infinitely harder to climb out of the warmth of my bed in the morning. As I didn't go to the gym yesterday; I headed to the gym today to workout for about 1.5 hours. Before returning home for my first grind session I had an obligatory pre-grind coffee.

The Grind

Today didn't start out too well in the beginning; I felt a lot of auto-piloting and poor situations slowly wearing me down and at one point I felt like I couldn't win a single showdown. After going for a nice walk to the nearby bakery and grabbing a snack, I returned feeling much refreshed. One of those things that's a huge problem I'm beginning to suspect is:

When a player is winning tons. . . he ought to be playing good right?. . . or just running hot.
When a player is losing tons. . . he ought to be playing poorly right?. . . or just running bad.

Now of course that's an odd situation that is quite clear to many grinders alike but it's important to realize at what this suggests.

As the saying goes "don't fix what ain't broke", when attempting to make adjustments to your game and not realizing that variance is just getting the best of you; it's quite easy to completely change your strategy from losing a little from variance to massive leaks and spews. 

On the other hand; just because you are running very well you may be tempted to auto-pilot a lot more without making improvements to your game because "If It makes money it's the right play".

The key to both of those conceptions is : Volume Volume Volume. Sample Size Sample Size Sample Size.
It's really quite hard to tell if I'm playing better or worse just by my graph alone in the short run, and therefore a decent sample size should be required to draw any conclusions at all. 

Due to me trying to fix and adapt to a much better schedule I'm choosing to cut my grind session short today so I can sleep much earlier than 12am. This way my time management will improve and I can resume a relatively normal circadian rhythm which is both good for the mind and body. 

With that said ~ let's see some hands! ~ Let me know in the comments what you think of these hands


Hand Histories of the Day 


depending on the board, the action, the positions. A Boat may be just as weak as air
don't just call for the sake of calling, if you're ever planning to bluff-catch; think about the hands your opponents are bluffing with ~ vice-versa for Value-Betting
At first glance; pretty obvious right? I have the absolute stone cold nuts. . . but wait. If villain can ever show up with 2 pair there it makes sense to keep that a note right? It's nice to win a 400$ pot when you have the nuts. . . which doesn't happen very frequently. 
This is a perfect example how regs that tilt less make more money. This particular reg is a very aggressive rather loose and pretty tricky to play against. Nonetheless; his tilt results in my profit; despite his actual poker skill level being more or less the same.

Always note to self: Poker Skill is one thing. The right mindset in executing it is another. Your play as a poker player will only be as good as how well you can mentally execute it every time correctly. 


All in all for the month~ I'm very pleased with my very first upswing of the month! Will be regularly referring back to my original goals and targets I've set for myself both monetary/poker/health. 






No comments:

Post a Comment