Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MID MONTH UPDATE #OCTOBER#Pace to $20,000 month!

MID MONTH UPDATE #OCTOBER#

This month started off much better than last month's mid month review. Though it wasn't always smooth. . there were some terrible terrible downswings this month that's just been overshadowed by volume of course. My volume has been a little bit behind pace due to the fact that I decided to drop my tables from 8-tabling to 6 instead; this also resulted in an increase in win rate which is always a nice bonus. 

The Chase #mistakes

Depending way too much on eye drops, coffee , energy drinks to help me stay awake. The important thing to remember about shooting SNE @100nl is that it is a very tight chase. If I even fall behind schedule a day or two, couple days; It takes several extended 10-12 hour days to overcompensate for the time that I lost.  

This month however is a major exception as with the holiday of Thanksgiving, and lots of family dinners followed by karaoke and beer. . it wasn't exactly the best scenario for me to grind afterwards.






The Review

This month has been quite nice so far as I've taken several seperate shots at 200nl-zoom games. The first was at 200nl-zoom 6max, the others were at 200nl-zoom-full ring. Given that 200nl-zoom-full ring rarely runs I was ecstatic to find out it was quite fun and profitable when it did. There were several sessions when full-ring-zoom-100nl did not run (which is usually a huge pain in the butt for me); I compensated by adding 6-12 6-max/fr tables. . however needless to say either I ran terrible in them or just plain am bad in them. Perhaps it may be the change of environment being "regular tables that is getting to my nerves but I find myself always struggling to play as well as I do in the zoom games. 

50nl-6max went well this month when I 8-tabled (50/100)-6max for an all nighter session chasing losses. . . which probably was not the smartest idea but at least I'm in the green at 50! =)

Notes to Keep in Mind

  • Avoid playing extended days. This applies especially if there's a lack of sleep involved in this process
  • Avoid playing a very high variance game even if it means sacrificing marginal +ev spots
  • Keep to a healthy diet
  • Workout 5-6x a week 
  • Drop down from 4lbs 
  • Take small shots at 200-zoom when I'm neither tired, nor when the pool's nearly empty
  • Have positive win rate at 200-zoom-6 max.


[  ] 200k more hands for month 
[  ] Hit that 800k Milestone
[  ] Some table profits 

Currently Sitting @ 47k VPPs for the month; and Ideally I'd like to make about 100k VPPs this month or so. 

Last month although I did 130k VPPs it was at the expense of a 60bi downswing ; losing a ton at 200-zoom, and 8-tabling the majority of the month.

The benefit of hitting 130k VPPs this month and next is that I'd finish SNE approximately 1 Month ahead of schedule giving me the entire December free to nurse my burning eyes and wrist. 

However due to me being 30k VPPs ahead of my own pace due to last month; even if I make only 100k VPPs this month and next I will still hit SNE with about 10-days left to spare. Sounds good to me =)~


And always~ 

Good luck Everyone ! =] 
See you on the tables! 

2 comments:

  1. Impressive volume! How many hours are you playing per month right now? I'm assuming you've finished school and playing FT?


    ReplyDelete
  2. about 240h a month.

    Nope I've taken a gap year from university ~ and very likely will be returning sometime next year or year after.

    ReplyDelete