Thursday, August 15, 2013

Downswing & Coping with Downswing


You Don't Always Win, Just More than you Lose

The first thing that may come to your notice is the steep drops from hands; 15k to 18k; 20k to 25k, and 31k to 36k. It's not a mere coincidence that these 5-15bi drops are near the end of ever session of each day that I played. 

As I mentioned relentlessly in previous posts that I've been falling behind in the Supernova Elite Chase; and as a result I have been attempting to compensate by playing approximately 11-12k hands a day instead of the 7-8k hands. 

My Grind Hours are typically 3-4 session; 12pm-->2pm; 2pm-->6pm; 6pm--8pm; 10pm-->2am.(Pacific Standard Time) . The sessions typically get worse and as the later the time goes and the player pool dies out. Whenever the player pool dies out it becomes very natural and obvious to begin starting tables 'Heads-Up' as well as playing a lot of short-handed games which are super high in variance.

Verdict: Although being around 9bi's below ev it is unfair to attribute my downswing 100% to ev. The sample size of 35k hands is also very insufficient in determining if my downswing is 100% attributed to situation based variance.

After thorough hand history reviews today, I've discovered that the resulting downswings occurred 75% of the time while short-handed at full-ring tables and over adjusting ranges to be excessively loose. 

Healthy Living/ Bodybuilding


 The best way to cope with any downswing is a healthy measure of lots of hearty food =]. I decided to hit the buffet today and feast upon as much food as I can possibly ingest.

Unfortunately there weren't any decent dumplings or fried rice/egg rolls/ any other stereotypical Chinese food . . otherwise I'd jump on that obviously.

 The month of August is almost 100% attributed to me bulking up, after a thorough 3 weeks of training with heavy weights and eating regularly between 2600-3500 calories intake a day I've gained a good 3-5lbs of mass.
 It's hard to say whether or not the 3-5lbs were muscle or fat or even a 1:1 ratio, however definition has decreased slightly but was exchanged with a significant increase in strength as well as endurance.

I have a tendency to not like doing a ton of ab-work. . . generally speaking it feels very unnatural, rumor also has it abs are made in the kitchen which sounds about right to me.


 There's approximately another 2 weeks left in August at which point I will evaluated my strength and muscle mass and decide if cutting down to a very lean, or perhaps bulk up a tad bit more.

I find a lot of people are a lot happier when they are bulking up as it is easier to eat a lot but harder to cut down eating. I find them equally as hard at this point since both phases require discipline whether it is eating a lot or cutting down calories, and of course the food I'm eating has to primarily come from good sources of ''non-Junk'
And Finally Desert.

And yes, this was all for lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment