Sunday, September 8, 2013

August End Review - In the Red

August End Review 
The month started off pretty well as usual, unfortunately around 2 weeks in I had met a huge 40bi downswing. This was definitely a mixture of playing poorly, running bad, and playing way too many tables with short-handed and heads-up against regs. 

After dropping down stakes to 50nl for a couple days and throwing back in 100nl I decided to mix a bit of 6 max in the game as well.  Being more or less break even for the latter half of the month was not a fun period of time to be in do to massive swings and such.

Some things however I did notice was that when I turned off skype and other distractions from my sessions the winnings were in the positive and vice-versa for when it became late at night. This phenomenon may come across as blatantly obvious however, needless to say sometimes we all get a little bored and want some side entertainment while working. 

The month ended for me behind in both volume as well as table profits. Luckily for PokerStars VIP program I alloted 49,624.88 vpp's were earned in this period of time, as well as hitting my 600k VPP milestone nearing the beginning of September this year, this made up a huge chunk of profits in the aftermath for me. 



Goals For September 
  • Put in a little bit more volume and keep on pace with SNE
  • Make table profits Pre-Rakeback 
  • Workout 5-6x a week
  • Mix in 6-Max games along with my grind sessions 
  • Update more regularly 






1 comment: