Wednesday, July 17, 2013

VIP- Vancouver Re-Cap

The VIP Live hosted by PokerStars in Vancouver was the first and one of the most amazing experiences I have ever been to.

Open bar, food, drinks, prizes. Unfortunately didn't win the TAG heur aquaracer. . . however had an opportunity to meet some amazing people.

Meeting some of the local 'pros' really put me at ease in realizing there are 'others like me' out there; and that I wasn't the crazy kid with the dream.  It's a definite 'must' for all aspiring pros out there to meet pros in real life, turns out we're all normal people who do normal things. 

               
                                                     Group Photo with Vanessa Rousso

... who doesn't want a picture with her.

Just chill'n with Nanonoko
     Randy 'Nanonoko' Lew, definitely one of my heros to look up to. If you're ever wondering why I'm always at the tables... or how I ever put in that much volume; this is it.

His amazing win rate, ridiculous amount of volume, and consistent results over the years all whilst playing one of the relatively unorthodox styles in the poker community. . . 

You'd think he's a 'nit' being the amount of tables he has to juggle at the higher stakes . . . just watch him play for a bit. 


Tyler Frost & Daniel Liu

Had a chance to talk to frosty012 later on in the night,  since he went to 'UBC' as well. Tyler grinds at the same stakes as me and it was very nice to put a face to the 'villain' ;). 


















No comments:

Post a Comment